Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 sounds make believe

Happy New Year! I'm having a hard time with the year 2010. It sounds too futuristic and made up. I can't believe how much life speeds up as you get older. It really make me appreciate the little things that I would never have bothered to notice when I was younger.

January 5th is just 2 days away. That will be my one year quitaversary! Yeah, I made that word up, sue me. I'm so freakin' excited that it's been almost a year since I quit smoking. I'm going to buy myself an anniversary present. I think maybe a new Coach wallet or wristlet is necessary.

Since January 5th is such a good day for me, it's also the day I'll start this year's goal. I want to lose about 40 lbs. I put 25 on last year after the whole no smoking thing began, but I was still carrying 15 lbs of baby weight. Well, the baby is over 2 years old, so let's get rid of this weight. I miss being thin.

I'm not good at following orders or rules, so I'm not on a specific diet. I'm going to eat healthier and exercise more. That's it. That's my master plan. No Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers, etc, just do better than I am. Maybe I'll set up mini goals and challenges each month to keep it interesting. Eating healthy is a big challenge for me because I've always avoided most fruits and veggies. Seriously, I suck at nutrition. So, that's my first project, to incorporate more veggies and fruits into my meals and snacks.

Stick around. This could get interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment